Wednesday, April 08, 2015

WEATHER. MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

April is Heartbreak Month in Saskatoon. Remember like last week when we were picnicking in the yard?


And the next day, we walked down to the weir after dinner because we finished early and Joel wasn't home, and it was SO NICE.


And we were there, and Joel was on his way to meet us, and he texts us saying, You gotta come home, there's a storm a-brewing. We made it home about eight seconds after it started hailing.

The next night, we wanted to go for a walk after dinner and Eleanor was making some noise about being nervous of a storm, and I didn't want her to think the weir = hail, so we headed back there 'to look for pelicans.' And it was SO COLD.



So the next day, when I wanted to walk to the farmer's market, I over-bundled the girls because that walk is long and who even knows what the weather is going to do.


And it was too warm for the snowsuit but too cold for...not the snowsuit. I dunno, a jacket would have probably been fine. Unrelatedly, the farmer's market can have all my moneys because I believe in supporting small business and because raw local honey TASTES LIKE BEES and because the guy with the really sweet carrots finally has carrots again, and because the ginger lady is always offering us samples of her candied ginger, her ginger-turmeric-lemon tea, her ginger fruit leather, her ginger syrups, and Eleanor eats it and eats it and the lady is boggled because it's all hella gingery. Also, we can never resist a pie.


I walked home from the market in my shirt sleeves and it was great. Sunshine on my shoulder, etc. But then yesterday it snowed.


AUGH. I cannot. And then today! We took a bunch of toys into the yard and scrubbed them with baking soda and squirted the whole mess with vinegar and it was A VOLCANO of spring cleanliness and none of us were wearing shoes.


I would totally take this up-and-down mess over solid -30 weather, but you keep thinking you can take a picnic to the park and the weather is like LOL WATCH ME SNOW. But our windowsill garden is going like gangbusters, and the weather is trending towards 'warmer,' and we're on the backside of winter with NOTHING AHEAD OF US BUT GLORIOUS SUMMER. Hooray.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Whaaat I would never survive where you live because I never remember to check the weather forecast. Good grief. Also your daughters are totally gorgeous.

Laura said...

Whaaat I would never survive where you live because I never remember to check the weather forecast. Good grief. Also your daughters are totally gorgeous.