Thursday, March 05, 2015

Narwhals and unicorns.

Another story I forgot I was going to tell you. We've been doing a lot of Real or Pretend with Eleanor since the Halloween Guys thing (which I am just now realizing I never blogged about, but in sum, Eleanor developed a fear of the 'Halloween guys' in her room and we had some doing to convince her that Halloween guys do not exist. This was in, like, JANUARY. Also, one morning she brought her wheelie bee into the living room because 'He was trying to get into my bed last night.' Omg) and it has really helped with her fear of the dark.


So the other day, she and Joel are having chats and I don't know how it came up but he's like, Are narwhals real or pretend?


Eleanor [with certainty]: PRETEND.

Joel: Actually, narwhals are real. They really exist in the world. What about unicorns?


Eleanor [with certainty]: REAL.

Joel: Actually, unicorns are just pretend! There are no real unicorns.


Eleanor [slightly less certain]: Horses are real, though.

Joel: Yes, horses are real. We saw some horses at the petting zoo.

Eleanor: I fed them some corns. [And then, very dubiously, very quietly] Zebras?


Because why would a stripey horse be real if the horned horse isn't? But the horned whale is? What a crazy world. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eleanor's point of view never gets old!

blackbird said...

Awww, geez.

dlgowan said...

That is so sweet! You're going to be really glad you documented all of this someday. My oldest loves to read the scrapbooks where I wrote down all of the cute things he and his brother did and said at this age.