Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Our front stoop is ready for Halloween

Hey Eleanor, what's in your pumpkin?
GUTS


Alright, reach in there and pull them out. 
HAWWWWWWW


No, really. You do like this.


Like this?


It's slimy. 


Please can I have a spoon?


Pumpkins gutted, Eleanor bedazzles the shit out of hers. 


I go after mine with jewels and a power drill. Pumpkins in the light...


Pumpkins in the dark...


Fast forward twenty-four hours. Joel is home, Geneva is asleep. We have covered Geneva's pumpkin in alphabet stickers. Joel is the only one to take an actual literal knife to his pumpkin. 


Eleanor pulls out a pretend knife, does some pretend chopping. 


Chop chop chop. The pumpkin seeds come out of the oven and we get into our jammies and have snack-chats while Joel finishes his pumpkin. 


Pumpkin family. 


2 comments:

dlgowan said...

Oh my goodness... Eleanor's face in that second photo! I LOL'ed.

leahandmichael said...

:) I cannot wait til November!!