Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I refuse to use the word 'mombie' but we're all thinking it.

I kicked Geneva out of my bed and into her own room two nights ago, and sleeping alone is amazing. I lie right in the middle of the bed, like a starfish. HOWEVER. I recognized that there would be some loss of sleep in this transitional period, not least because I can't just roll over and stick a boob in her mouth and go back to sleep until she's done.


But we are getting NO SLEEP around here and it is no one's fault, it is just circumstance conspiring against me and it is the pits. The first night, Geneva woke up at midnight and again at 6, which is awesome, but I'm nervous about her being in her own room so I was awake for a while after I put her back down, just to make sure she actually went back to sleep.



About eight seconds after I went to sleep, Eleanor woke up with a leaky diaper and a wet bed, so I had to strip her bed and change her and then listen to her talk excitedly to herself for another half hour about her MIDNIGHT ADVENTURES.


Then last night, Geneva was up at midnight, 3, and 6. Eleanor was up at 1:30 because she couldn't find Snuggles, and then again at 3:30 because of the thunder. I had to leave the hall light on and her door open before she'd go back to sleep. (In her defense, it was some loud-ass thunder.)


When Geneva woke up at 6, I was so deranged with tired that I brought her back to bed with me just so I could get another half hour. But Eleanor woke up at 6:10, and, unable to resist the allure of an open door, came out of her room to hammer on MY door.


It has been a tired day over here. I had both girls in bed by 7, and if I didn't absolutely have to shower tonight, I'd be right behind them. Wish us all luck for tonight, my friends.


2 comments:

Anna {hiddenponies.com} said...

Oi. The tiredness.

Rhiannon said...

I hear you. We had many, MANY nights like this with Sybil, and she is only one child. May the world gift you with coffee you do not have to make for yourself. And lots of it.